Cake Batter Energy Bars
- 1 cup rice crispies (brown or white, or certified gf)
- packed 1/2 cup oat flour (Or make your own by grinding rolled oats in the food processor until they turn into a fine powder. Measure after blending.)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp roasted cashew butter (peanut butter CAN be used, but the cashew butter is what gives the cake batter taste)
- 5 tbsp agave (Honey will work, but is not for strict vegans.)
- optional: a handful of sprinkles
- optional: replace up to half of the oat flour with vanilla shakeology
Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
In a separate large bowl, combine all wet ingredients and stir. (If your cashew butter is cold, warm it a little for easier mixing.)
Pour about half of the dry ingredients into wet ingredients bowl (not the other way around), stir until evenly coated and then add the rest of the dry ingredients and again stir until coated.
Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan and fill about 1/3 full. Use your spoon or spatula to press down. This should make 6 "cupcakes". Stick in the fridge or freezer to harden before serving. Store in the fridge or freezer.
**Note** I usually put sprinkles on a couple for my son and husband, but don't put it IN the batter, but on top :)